The Carroll Business Network brings small business leaders together, educates on actionable business topics, and builds relationships in the community. The Network promotes community-building by sharing contact information with all speakers and attendees. A complete roster of speakers is provided. This monthly event includes lunch.
The Carroll Business Network meets on the first Monday of every month at Tony’s Japanese Restaurant in Sykesville from 12:00pm-1:30pm, with postponement dates in case of Federal holidays. Registration is completed via the event web portal.
Over a relaxed meal, attendees are given the chance to improve network with fellow business owners. The Carroll Business Network also seeks to help increase the exposure of local businesses through live video uploads to Facebook of attendee elevator pitches. Keynote speakers are featured at each event, focusing on specific business-related topics. The program’s curriculum consists of 12 topics relevant to business development and sustainability. See the full list of speakers and events below.
The Carroll Business Network is an evolution of the Carroll Marketing Group which was started ten years ago by Amy Giannakoulious, co-owner of Trembling Giant Marketing, as a way to connect local small business leaders and expand inter-community business relationships. The core goals of the organization are networking, education, and community. Each lunch event emphasizes an open-door policy and warm atmosphere to bring together businesses in the shared goals of professional excellence.
Carroll Business Network
2019 Calendar of Speakers:
Pre registration via PayPal – $20 | At the door – $23
Attendees not eating: pay $15.00 for drinks, service &gift card drawing.
All events are from 12:00pm – 1:30pm
Lunch is included
A list of pre-registrants will be provided via email before the event
A spreadsheet of all attendees will be provided to all attendees after the event.
See our speaker line-up for 2020 (updating as speakers are confirmed):
January 6, 2020– Brian Wigutow, South Carroll Business Association – Community Partnerships & Networking
- February 3, 2020 – Heather DeWees, Carroll County Clerk of the Circuit Court – Small Business & The Clerk’s Office
- March 2, 2020 – Julie Della-Maria, Downtown Sykesville Connection, Volunteerism and Community Involvement
- April 6, 2020 – Dr. James Ball, President of Carroll Community College, Continuing Education for Small Business Owners
- May 4, 2020 – Justin Ready, Maryland State Senate, Small Business Impacts from session 2020
- June 1, 2020 – Awaiting confirmation
- July 6, 2020 – Marcia Duffy, State Farm Insurance, & Terry Smack, Terry’s Tag and Title, Women Entrepreneurs and Small Business Philanthropy
- August 3, 2020 – Ed Rothstein, Carroll County Commissioner District 5, Carroll County Business Update
- September 14, 2020 – Brian DeLeonardo, Carroll County State’s Attorney, Carroll County Criminal Issues Affecting Small Businesses
- October 5, 2020 – Katie Townsley, Carroll Tech Council – Technology & Opportunities in Carroll County
- November 2, 2020 – Rich Austin & Amy Giannakoulias, Trembling Giant Marketing – Plan Your 2021 Marketing and Advertising
- December 7, 2020 – Delegate Susan Krebs, Maryland State Delegate – Small Business related issues to watch going in to Session 2021