The Carroll Business Network brings small business leaders together, educates on actionable business topics, and builds relationships in the community. The Network promotes community-building by sharing contact information with all speakers and attendees. A complete roster of speakers is provided. This monthly event includes lunch.
The Carroll Business Network meets on the first Monday of every month at Tony’s Japanese Restaurant in Sykesville from 12pm-1:30, with postponement dates in case of Federal holidays. Registration is completed via the event web portal.
Over a relaxed meal, attendees are given the chance to improve network with fellow business owners. The Carroll Business Network also seeks to help increase the exposure of local businesses through live video uploads to Facebook of attendee elevator pitches. Keynote speakers are featured at each event, focusing on specific business-related topics. The program’s curriculum consists of 12 topics relevant to business development and sustainability. See the full list of speakers and events below.
The Carroll Business Network is an evolution of the Carroll Marketing Group which was started ten years ago by Amy Giannakoulious, co-owner of Trembling Giant Marketing, as a way to connect local small business leaders and expand inter-community business relationships. The core goals of the organization are networking, education, and community. Each lunch event emphasizes an open-door policy and warm atmosphere to bring together businesses in the shared goals of professional excellence.
Carroll Business Network
2018 Calendar of Speakers:
Pre registration via PayPal – $20 | At the door – $23
All events are from 12pm – 1:30pm
Lunch is included
A list of pre-registrants will be provided via email before the event
A spreadsheet of all attendees will be provided to all attendees after the event.
January 8, 2018– Kathy Rus, DK Rus Law – Small Business Contract Law February 5, 2018– Mike McMullin, Carroll County Chamber of Commerce – Community engagement and upcoming county events March 5, 2018– Ed Rothstein, ERA Advistory, LLC – Workforce Development April 2, 2018– Amy Wallace, America’s SBDC Maryland Northern Region – Small business staffing and HR
- May 7, 2018 – Senator Justin Ready, Maryland State Senator – Small Business impacts from Maryland law changes after Session 2018.
- June 4, 2018 – Kevin Spargo, Computer Services Unlimited – Small business IT structures and support
- July 2, 2018 – Arlene Stetcher, The County Cork Wine Pub – business event planning and coordination
- August 6, 2018 – pending
- September 10, 2018 – pending
- October 1, 2018 – Dr. James Ball, Carroll Community College – small business development through continuing education
- November 5, 2018 – pending
- December 3, 2018 – Delegate Susan Krebs, Maryland State Delegate – Small Business related issues to watch going in to Session 2019